This function disabled

Monday, May 21, 2012

on sin


Lately, I have been thinking a lot about sin.
The reasoning behind it, and the consequences of it.
I realized one thing:
           sin hurts.
It hurts you. It hurts those around you.

Maybe that is one reason why God hates sin,
          Because sin hurts.
Even when we think no one else knows.

But remember,
Jesus died for our sins. For our hurts. For the hurts others have caused us. He took Father-God's wrath on our sin upon Himself. The King of Glory became as a criminal for me, for you. Oh. How He loves us.

"Upon that cross of Jesus mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One Who suffered there for me;
And from my stricken heart with tears two wonders I confess;
The wonders of redeeming love and my unworthiness.  " 
Elizabeth Clephane, Beneath the cross of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment