This function disabled

Thursday, June 7, 2012

the Lord provides

Kerala, India


            In my parent's home, there is a plaque on the wall, right when you walk in, and it says, the Lord provides. Today, while pondering on a difficult situation in my life, I looked up and saw the plaque, and remembered. 

When I was young
          I thought back to the time that we first got the plaque many years ago. I think we found it at a garage sale somewhere. I immigrated from India along with my family to the US 10 years ago. With little money, few possessions, no friends, and no social support, we struggled to live in this strange, new world. But the Lord has provided. Yes, he has. Although our transition to this new life was sometimes rough, He still has met all  our needs, and has provided for us through it all. 

         And He will provide once again. Though I cannot see the future, and though I cannot see my sweet Savior's face, I can believe in His provision. He has provided in the past, and He will do so to the very end - for His name's sake. 

The Lord is my Shepherd.
I shall not want. 
He makes me to lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in the paths of righteousness 
for His name's sake. 
~ Psalm 23: 1,2,3


No comments:

Post a Comment