This function disabled

Friday, June 15, 2012

on Laughter


Sarah and Abraham were wanting children. Let's start reading at Genesis 18:11-15.


       Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age; and Sarah had passed the age of childbearing. 

            Therefore Sarah laughed within herself saying, 'After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?' 

             And the Lord said to Abraham, 'Why did Sarah laugh, saying, 'Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old? Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time, I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.'


            But Sarah denied it, saying, 'I did not laugh,' for she was afraid.


           And He said, 'No, but you did laugh!'


Much to Sarah's surprise, she did have a child.


        And Sarah said, 'God has made me laugh, and all who hear will laugh with me.'  Genesis 21:6


Guess what she named the kid? Issac,which literally means, he laughs.


>>>>>Fast forward to thousands of years after the birth of Isaac.


Pregnant Elizabeth said to Mary, the mother of Jesus, 

           For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for you. Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of things which were told her from the Lord. Luke 1: 44,45


The coming of Jesus caused even a baby in the womb to jump for joy.


Laughter is a beautiful thing. And so is joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment