This function disabled

Saturday, November 10, 2012

on Reckless Abandon

"On the way home yesterday morning I took a long walk and came to a decision which I know is of the Lord.  In all honesty before the Lord I say that no one or nothing beyond Himself and the Word has any bearing upon what I've decided to do. I have one desire now - to live a life of reckless abandon for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it. Maybe He'll send me someplace where name of Jesus Christ is unknown. Jim, I'm taking the Lord at His word, and I'm trusting Him to prove His Word. It's kind of like putting all your eggs in one basket, but we've already put our trust in him for salvation,so why not do it as far as our life is concerned? If there's nothing to this business of eternal life, we might as well lose everything one crack and throw our present life away with our life hereafter.  But if there is something to it, then everything else the Lord says must hold true likewise. Pray for me, Jim."
- Ed McCully*

Ed McCully quit law school and became a missionary in Ecuador. On January 1956, McCully, along with his fellow missionary friends, Jim Elliot, Nate Saint, Pete Fleming, and Roger Youderian, were killed by the Auca Indian tribe. God has used their lives and their deaths to further His Kingdom. 

*Through Gates of Splendor, Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment