This function disabled

Sunday, November 18, 2012

the superhero syndrome


when I was little, I always wanted to be a superhero. heck, I still want to be one. I have always wondered why I, and in a broad sense, we, are so drawn to these mysterious, vigilante characters? why do we flock to see their movies, and relish the cartoons of old?

In some level, i think identify a lot with the superheroes. we see ourselves in them, in their struggles to fight the evil within and outside of them.

           we all have masks to wear.

and we all have secrets to hide and people to protect.

the thing is we're more like the superheroes that we adore than we realize. that isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. it's good to identify ourselves with someone, and have solidarity with others due to this identification.

not the most meaningful post, just a bunch of rambling about some of my favorite superheroes and such. maybe i'll do a part 2 to this post as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment