This function disabled

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Have been reading a lot lately, to give me hope for my soul.

Here's a little gem I found:

In You therefore, O Lord God, I place all my hope and my refuge. On you I cast all my troubles and anguish, because whatever I have outside of You I find to be weak and unstable. It will not serve me to have many friends, nor will powerful helpers be able to assist me, nor prudent advisers to give useful answers, nor the books of learned men to console, nor any precious substance to win my freedom, nor any place, secret and beautiful though it be, to shelter me, if You Yourself do not assist, comfort, console, instruct, and guard me. For all things which seem to be for our peace and happiness are nothing when You are absent, and truly confer no peace. 

- Thomas a Kempis, Imitation of Christ

Good to know who I can and should trust, the true God who knows my past, my present, and my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment